LIVE EVENT: iBrand uTweet Closing the Social Media to Sales Gap
Register for iBrand, uTweet: Closing the Social Media to Sales Gap in Las Vegas, United States  on Eventbrite

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 9: My Three Fold Strategy


As many of my followers know I am on a quest to have one of the top 1000 most followed Twitter accounts in the US. Today is day 9. Number 1000 according to http://twitaholic.com is Vernon Kay and he has 253,255 followers currently. At this point I have 123 followers. I think that is pretty good considering 9 days ago I had never even thought of creating an account on Twitter.

So far my Twitter strategy has been very simple and straight forward. I follow others in hopes that they will follow me back. I also am tweeting about what is going on in my life, and about things that are interesting to me. This strategy seems to be working, but very slowly and I know there are things I could be doing that will work much better.

Therefore I developed a new Three Fold Strategy to increase my followers. Below is each area where I will focus my efforts.

1. Improved content

2. Email campaigns

3. Get published on popular websites

Here's what I plan to do for each category.

Improved Content- I realize that chronicling my quest to the top 1000 may not be interesting to all people. In fact, it might not be interesting to most. So I need to find additional content for my blog and for my tweets. That content can come from myself or someone else. Because there is already an abundance of interesting content on the web, I will look there first.

I read a blog post written by Techno Marketer that talks about different ways to find current and interesting content to blog or tweet about. He suggests using RSS feeds, blog searches, tweet search, monitoring services and Google Alerts to keep abreast of current interesting topics and events. Then using this information for my posts. I will attempt to implement this strategy right away. To read Techno Marketer's post go to:http://technomarketer.typepad.com/technomarketer/2008/12/success-in-social-media-means-being-ready-to-pounce.html

Email Campaigns- In my function as Director of Sales and Marketing at Ascent Advisor I have to market our free websites, executive briefings and our websites. One way of doing that is through social media like this blog, or my LinkedIn account. To see an example click on one of the following links:

http://www.ascent-advisor.com/events.html

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/799383936

In addition to these methods of marketing we also do email campaigns. Because I plan on using my Twitter account to keep followers posted about some of the events that Ascent Advisor is up, I will also use the email Ascent Advisor email campaigns to help promote my Twitter Account.

Is there a conflict of interested there you might ask? I would say no. My tweets are not designed solely to promote Ascent Advisor, but they are designed for me to communicate about my life, and subjects that I and my followers find interesting. And since Ascent Advisor is a large part of my life, and many of my followers should find their webinars and other events interesting, I will keep you all posted about their events. As for putting the email link on our email campaigns, I have cleared this with my boss. I believe that my Twitter Account will help our customers and prospective clients to get to know me and through me, the company. Hopefully that will improve Ascent Advisor's relationship with our customers.

Get Published on Popular Websites- This one may be the hardest for me to accomplish. Except for my own blog, and a few websites I've created when I was younger I have never been published on a website. So what will it take to get published? And where should I or could I go to get published? The answer is I don't know. But I will being working on that immediately.

The first thing I will do is ask for your help. If you have any idea on how or where I can publish my blog posts I would to hear them. Please post all ideas on the comment box below. Also, I will ask all of my followers. Perhaps one of them can help me. And lastly I will look online for ideas on how to accomplish this feat. As you all know the web is rich with both valuable content and infinite garbage.

In my next blog I update everyone on what I am doing and how I am doing it. As always, I welcome your feedback and would love to hear any addition ideas you may have on how to accomplish the strategies I've discussed today, or on how to increase my followers in general. However, I will not pay for followers. I plan on growing my following through strictly organic means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/ http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/ http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/ http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/